Sugary breakfasts like pancakes, waffles or French toast may satisfy a sweet tooth, but savory breakfast casseroles are the real morning hunger busters.
Eggs, cheese, meat, fresh veggies and crusty breads meet and mingle for crowd-pleasing casseroles that can satisfy even the hungriest of appetites. These 25 mouthwatering recipes are packed with layers of flavor and texture for loads of savory goodness in every bite.
1. Sassy Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake – Crispy hash browns, melted cheese, sausage, peppers and spices create the perfect dish for a family breakfast or brunch. You can make this one ahead of time!
2. Holiday Omelet Breakfast Bake - This casserole made with eggs, cheese, sausage and fresh veggies can be made ahead to feed a hungry bunch during the holidays or any time of year.
3. Cheesy Bacon Hash Brown Casserole - It’s the ultimate dish for a meat-and-potatoes guy!
4. Herbed Breakfast Stuffing Casserole - With crumbled bacon, lots of sausage and herb-seasoned stuffing, you can’t go wrong!
5. Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole – Spend 10 minutes putting this casserole together the night before, and have a hot, delicious breakfast the next morning without any work at all!
6. Mexican Sausage Cornbread Strata - This midwestern-style dish made with cornbread and sausage is great for breakfast or “brinner.”
7. Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole - Tater tots, eggs, sausage and cheese—who wouldn’t love it?
8. Hash Brown Tomato Breakfast Bake – Top hash brown patties with lots of spinach, browned sausage, loads of cheese and gorgeous red tomatoes for this colorful casserole.
9. Bacon and Egg Strata – Double up this recipe made with crusty croutons, bacon, cheese and eggs to feed a large group.
10. Gluten-Free Breakfast Casserole – This hot, hearty dish will make anyone’s tummy smile, even if you’re not on a gluten-free or low-carb diet.
11. Mediterranean-Style Egg Casserole – With artichokes, tomatoes, shallots and feta, this veggie-filled casserole packs loads of nutrients and flavor into every bite.
12. Savory Bread Pudding with Ham, Cheese, and Caramelized Onions – Crusty French bread, caramelized onions, ham and cheese mix and mingle in a dish you’ll be happy to eat any time of day. Fantastic breakfast for dinner option.
13. Low-Carb Mushroom, Green Pepper, and Feta Breakfast Casserole This low-carb, meat-free casserole gets its savory flavor from lots of fresh veggies, crumbled feta and Spike seasoning.
14. Overnight Fireman’s Breakfast Casserole A decadent casserole filled with eggs, sausage cheese and thyme is topped with creamy, dreamy mushroom sauce. Yum!
15. Baked Orzo with Bacon, Spinach and Feta – Make it for breakfast or brunch, as a side dish or the main fare. It’s the pinch hitter of casseroles!
16. Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole – Who says oatmeal has to be sweet? This dish combines broccoli, oats, eggs and seasonings for a unique and savory take on oatmeal casserole.
17. Cheesy Breakfast Bake with Crispy Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onions, and Diced Potatoes - It’s everything you love about breakfast in one amazing dish.
18. Spinach, Mushroom and Gruyere Strata – Comfort food for the calorie-conscious casserole lovers.
19. Cheddar Bratwurst Beer Bread Breakfast Casserole - Cheese, beer bread, eggs and bratwurst—don’t you wish you could dig in right now?
20. Sausage Breakfast Bagel Strata – Instead of bread, this super cheesy, super yummy dish uses bagels to create layers of savory flavor.
21. Creamy, Cheesy Skinny “Hash Brown” Casserole – You’d never guess that this dish is low in fat and calories. It’s full of flavor!
22. Spicy Breakfast Strata with Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Cheddar - Try this spicy casserole for a little kick in your morning meal.
23. Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Breakfast Casserole – It’s a versatile dish that will work with any ground meat, including sausage, chicken, pork or turkey.
24. Breakfast Enchiladas – Just layer all the ingredients if you don’t feel like rolling them up, and it’ll be just as delish. Mexi-YUM!
25. Cheesy Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole – A traditional make-ahead breakfast casserole to please everyone. Top with extra cheese or veggies of your choice.
For great offers, check out my main deals page at MomsWhoSave.com
You can also find me on Facebook and on join me on Twitter, along with 128,000 other bargain hunters for daily deal updates!
Don’t miss a freebie, deal, or giveaway! Get MomsWhoSave’s new free toolbar. No personal information is required–you’ll just get the latest deals, freebies, and giveaways! Check it out here.